Food Poisoning Treatment: When to Call Your Health Care Provider
It is a known fact that food poisoning can make your life a living hell. But, in most of cases, you will completely recover within 12-48 hours. In certain type of food poisoning cases, you may have to call your health care provider as soon as possible. There are some food poisoning signs which require immediate medical attention. They are as follows;
1. Stools containing blood or excessive bleeding, or maroon or black colored stools
2. Having fever over 101oF
3. Finding it hard to drink fluids because of nausea or vomiting
4. Suffering from diarrhea for more than 2 – 3 days
5. Signs of dehydration like dizziness, thirst, light-headedness etc
6. Your heart pounding rapidly or skipping
7. Consumption of poisonous mushrooms or fish
When you neglect the above mentioned food poisoning symptoms and do not get immediate medical attention, these following health complications may occur.
2. Kidney problems
3. Respiratory distress
4. Bleeding disorders
5. Nervous system disorders
These complications may rarely occur but always fatal. Hence it is always advised to protect yourself from every type of food poisoning by taking some safety measures. In case if you get food poisoning, then go for some food poisoning remedies and then call your health care provider without wasting time.
Comments are closed.